Code of Conduct
In order to keep the forums and lobbies enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask simply that you follow these rules. By participating in the forums and lobbies, you are consenting to these rules. Violators may be warned, suspended from posting, or barred from the forums or lobbies, at the sole discretion of the PoxNora staff. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact support.
1. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Disagreeing with an idea of another community member is different from attacking that individual. Our decision is final in these matters.
2. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, etc.
3. Multiple or repeated postings in order to increase your post count are not allowed.
4. Spamming and trolling are not allowed. This includes using the private message system to spam other members.
5. Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. Generally, this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting and support issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
6. No cross posting. Post your message once, to the appropriate forum.
7. Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
8. Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
9. We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting is prohibited.
10. No ALL CAPS or all bolds please. It is extremely hard to read. Posts submitted in all-caps or all-bolds are subject to deletion. Typing all caps in the lobbies is usually considered shouting and is discouraged.
11. You should never give out your PoxNora password to anyone. We can not take responsibility if you disclose this information to anyone else.
12. When using the Bugs and Troubleshooting section be sure to use the search function before posting. There is a good chance that your question has already been answered.
13. Before posting in the Bugs and Troubleshooting forums or contacting support, be sure to read the FAQ section.
14. If it should not be viewed by minors, then it should not be posted to the forums or lobbies. This is a public, family-friendly forum. In addition, if something would not be considered work safe, (to a boss or co-worker), then it should not be posted. Using asterisks or other symbols in place of letters does not make a word okay to use. Please use common sense and courtesy. If you wouldn't say it in polite company you shouldn't say it here. If you have to misspell it to get it past the lobby and forum filters then it is not allowed.
15. Private contact details are not to be posted publicly within the forums or lobbies. This rule is in place to protect the innocent from personal risk by others.
16. Members cannot select names that are offensive in nature. Names that you may be asked to change are those that refer to: harm to others, sex, bodily functions, put downs to others, hatred or prejudice.
17. Cybersex and picking up "dates" is not allowed on our site, lobbies, or forums.
18. Don't monopolize the screen by posting excessively long song lyrics, long stories or jokes, or other off-topic messages in the lobbies or forums.
19. No lengthy signatures. Limit signatures to 4 lines or less. Moderators will edit and/or remove signatures that are too long.
20. Use descriptive titles for new posts. Avoid "generic" post subjects like "Help" or "Question". You will receive a better response to your posts by being more descriptive about the content of your post.
21. You may not link, in any manner, to sites or images containing pornography, sexually explicit material, gross violence, or are determined by moderators to be detrimental to the community.
22. This is your community - let us or your fellow posters know if you feel things are getting off-topic or inappropriate.
23. We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate PoxNora community standards. The PoxNora team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
24. Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback, however, and invite you to use our support system if you have any questions or concerns regarding these policies.
25. Do not disrespect moderators. Be respectful in the forums, lobbies, and any private communications with moderators. Many moderators are volunteers that donate hours of their own time to help in the forums and lobbies. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
26. While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums and lobbies are not disrupted or abused in any way. PoxNora and its moderators reserve the right to delete posts and/or whole conversations we determine are of an irrelevant, abusive or disruptive nature without notice. Access to our forums and lobbies is a privilege and not a right.